Geolocation support?

It doesn’t look like geolocation fields are supported. This would be a very useful addition, even if it didn’t include mapping capabilities (just getting and setting coordinates). I attached a video of how I use geolocation in a custom, non-Plumsail Forms form.

Dear Clint,
The form is awesome! If you could share details with how it’s done, we’ll gladly incorporate some of the details into our product, just write to us to support@plumsail.com

Regarding Geolocation - we’ll most likely support it in the future, it’s on the Roadmap, just not yet ready.

Dear sir i am facing the same issue Geolocation not supported by plumsail.
Find below the PowerShell script to add a Geolocation data type to any sharepoint office 365 list:

[System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName(“Microsoft.SharePoint.Client”) | Out-Null
[System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName(“Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Runtime”) | Out-Null
$WebUrl = ‘Enter your site name’
$EmailAddress = “Enter Account Name”
$Context = New-Object Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientContext($WebUrl)
$Credentials = Get-Credential -UserName $EmailAddress -Message “Please enter your Office 365 Password”
$Context.Credentials = New-Object Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.SharePointOnlineCredentials($EmailAddress,$Credentials.Password)
$List = $Context.Web.Lists.GetByTitle(“Enter table name”)
$FieldXml = “”
$Option=[Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.AddFieldOptions]::AddFieldToDefaultView
$List.Fields.AddFieldAsXml($fieldxml,$true,$option)
$Context.Load($list)
$Context.ExecuteQuery()
$Context.Dispose()

kindly i need to know if there is any solution to use this type in plumsail form

Dear Georges,

Geolocation is not supported yet, but still in the Roadmap.

We can implement this feature for you for extra support time (2 hours): https://plumsail.com/forms/store/
Just let us know your requirements in detail and send it to us to support@plumsail.com

Hi

Has a date been assign in the roadmap to this as we may need this in the near future as well ?

Hugo

Hello @Hugo!

We added the location field a short time ago.

Or do you need something specific? Could you please give more details.

Are you looking to basically implement what I have in the video above?

Does the editor / form support Geoilocationas in teh form editor his comes through as a question mark ?

@Hugo

Plumsail Forms supports Location file type. In the form, it will display as on the screenshot below.

In the form editor the field will have this image icon.

To add a location column in the list, click Add Column on a Modern SharePoint List/Library, then select the Location.

Thanks for this. I was not familiar with the location field as i am not familiar with all the new field options in the modern experience.

1 Like