How to display Assistant report in SharePoint Org Chart

I am using a SharePoint List, I defined an “Assistant ID” in our SharePoint list as “Assistant” from the data source. I have set the field as Boolean or Text and none work (What I am missing?) I also set in ‘General settings’ and checked ‘Enable assistant’ option.

Do we have any instructions or documentation of how to setup SharePoint list? Do I am missing something? Any help is welcome…

thanks,

Jose

Hello Jose,
Thanks for your message.

I recommend you set up a column for Assistant ID with the Lookup type. Then it will be easier for you to fill up information accordingly. To do so, follow these steps:

• Inside of your SharePoint list, click on the plus icon to add a column;
  • Select "More..." in the drop-down list;
  • Put the name of your column and select "Lookup (information already on this site);
  • In the "Get information from:" field, select your list;
  • This should be enough. Just click ok to add the column.

Now when you try to fill the Assistant ID field of an item, it will show a list of the other employees so you can select it easily. Also, make sure the field is mapped properly inside of Org Chart settings, just like the image below.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else just let me know.

Best regards,
Andre Lima
Plumsail Team

What information in the assistant id field is needed so that the org chart will know that the employee needs to be treated as an assistant? Is it a simple yes or no in the assistant id field or is it looking for a specific keyword or other value? We are using office 365 sharepoint.

Hello,
The Assistant ID field is used by Org Chart to get information regarding an assistant for a specific employee. So, for example, if you need to specify an assistant for the VP of Marketing, you to his entry in the list and fill the Assistant ID with his assistant.

Org Chart will know if someone is either an assistant or not according to this person being used to fill the Assistant ID of another specific item (employee). So there’s no need to setup a boolean column to tell Org Chart this.

Is that clear for you now? Please let me know.

Best regards,
Andre Lima
Plumsail Team

Hi Andre,

Done! what you have suggested. No luck. I am assuming that this does not work in the eval version of Office 365.

Thanks for helping,

Jose

Hello Jose,
It should work even on trial version.

Can you send me screenshots of your list? Screenshots of your Org Chart Data source settings would help too.

Best regards,
Andre Lima
Plumsail Team