Link ID number from sharepoint to new entry in another list

Hi,
Im using plumsail forms designer for sharepoint 365 /online. I'm trying to connect the ID number from an entry created in a list, to populate to a new entry in another list when the user adds a new record

See image I've uploaded, when they go in and create an entry in the first list you see in image on the left side. When they want to add a new record (see right column in image) I want those to be linked by the same ID number from sharepoint so the corresponding entry shows up when they view the form.

Dont know if I made any sense here?

Dear @ebags,
This functionality is built in into List or Library control. When you configure Data Source property for the List or Library control, you can select the lookup field in the Child list which will get populated with the ID of the parent automatically. This will also apply filtering. Just make sure that the Child List has a lookup field which points to Parent List.

Here’s a more detailed step-by-step instruction in our docs - https://plumsail.com/docs/forms/how-to/child-parent-form.html

Thanks! That did the trick!

Also is it possible to show attachement name in list view instead of just 0 and 1, see attached picture.

Dear ebags,
What type of field is that? You should be able to change this in either Column Settings, List Settings or somehow else, just need to know more about it first.

Hi, that is an attachement field in the list. Sorry but the field names are in norwegian.

In regular list view that field only shows as a paperclip, but when I have linked a child list to a parent list, attachement field shows as Zero 0 if it has zero attachements, and when it has attachement it shows as 1.

Hi, any tips for making attachement field showing name of attachement instead of 1?