User Removed from Tenant?

How does Helpdesk reference users removed from the Office 365 Tenant? We have a scenario where there was a user in our Tenant that is no longer employed with us and we are concerned about removing his account from our Tenant due to Helpdesk Tickets tied to his account.

Does the Helpdesk system account for removal of users from the Office 365 Tenant?

Hi @YumaIT,

Thank you for your question.

Please review this article describing how to reassign tickets from disabled tickets to another agents automatically.

Anton,

Thanks for this reply, but that appears to be about reassigning a Ticket from one active Office 365 Tenant user to another active Office 365 Tenant user. If we closed a Ticket, but want to refer back to it for historical purposes we would want to see the departed employee's name in the Ticket to alert us that he/she was the person that actually did all of the work. How does the system account for Office 365 Tenant users that are removed from the Tenant?

For example, we created a user in our Tenant to test this; Opus Test1 (opustest1@yumasol.com). We created a new Ticket and assigned it to him. We created a few replies from him and then deleted his account. When I pull up this Ticket now we get the error that is highlighted below:

We took the extra step to try to resolve the error by changing the status of the Opus Test1 Contact inside the Helpdesk system to "End-User" hoping that would resolve the issue, but the Ticket still comes up with the "Multiple entries matched, please click to resolve".

What are your thoughts?

Hi @YumaIT,

Even, if the ticket is reassigned to another person, you are always able to see who was initially assigned to the ticket and replied to it in the "History" tab of the ticket in and the discussion itself.

The error that you see is a standard error of SharePoint, when you try to submit a form with not existing user.

I would not recommend you to physically remove users from tenant. I think it is better to disable them in Office 365 Admin center. Thus, they will not use your licenses, but you may still refer them.