Active Directory Integration for Agents

I am wondering if there is a way to use Active Directory groups to populate Agents in the solution.

IE: Let’s say I have a helpdesk for a customer service function.

I know I could go into Plumsail and create Agent accounts manually. But is it possible to instead create an Active Directory group (in this example…. Customer Service Agent) and then by adding a person to that group it would automatically create an agent in Plumsail? And those accounts would be “linked” to the extent they login with the same credentials as they do to Office365 + password changes automatically occur, and lastly, when their Active Directory account is deprovisioned when they leave…they are removed?

This way I can have all their information populated from Active Directory, including their picture. And when a person joins the company, or leaves, they are automatically added/removed/provisioned.

Hello John,

Thank you for your question.

In the “Assign To” field in a ticket, you can specify any user from Office365 or AD, it will create appropriate contact item automatically.

The roles (Agent, Member, End-User) don’t define the rights of the users from Contacts list, they are just labels. Users rights are defined in the site settings, so you may restrict access to a HelpDesk site to specific groups of users. Thus, if you change a password or delete a user the changes will be applied for entire o365 portal including the HelpDesk site.

You may use Microsoft Flow to synchronize information from the Office 365 User Profiles with the Contact list. Please, take a look at this article to learn more about it.

Best Regards,
Anna Dorokhova
Plumsail Team