Allow users to update previously submitted form

I use plumsail for a large form that asks a lot of detailed financial questions. Many clients fill out the form poorly, then complain that they have to do it over from scratch.

How hard would it be to make it so that when the user submits the form, it creates a password that can be used to reload the form with their answers? This way, they can continue from where they left off, make changes, and re-submit?

Any direction on how to accomplish this would be appreciated. I am a lay-person (a lawyer), not a programmer, but I can manage a bit of code.

Hello @David_King1,

Welcome to Plumsail Community!

You can enable authorization for a form and allow users to modify submitted forms:

Please find more information in the Authorization for public web forms article.

1 Like

Oh wow. I was expecting to have to write a lot of Javascript or something. I am working through the instructions at: Azure AD B2C Authorization for public web forms — Public web forms now.

Hi mnikitina. Thank you so much. I got everything setup with Azure AD B2C using the instructions you linked to. Everything works great, but visually I'm trying to customize a few things. Do you know if there is a way to skip this screen, so it goes directly to the signin/create account page?

The problem is that screen refers to a Microsoft account, but users will be using an email/password. It also only says "sign in" but most users will be creating an account first. I tried to customize these messages with the following code based on Plumsail documentation, but it didn't work.

fd.created(function() {
fd.messages.PlumsailForm_Auth_SingIn_Message = "Create an accouont or sign in to submit information and documents to King @ Law."
fd.messages.PlumsailForm_Auth_SignIn = "Sign in / Create Account"
});

I think it would be better if it skipped that screen entirely if possible and just went straight to the Login screen created by Microsoft Azure.

@David_King1,

I have addressed this question to the developers and am awaiting their response. I will write back to you as soon as they answer.

@David_King1,

Would you consider a paid support for for adding an option to redirect users to a login screen automatically without showing them this message stating that the form is available to authenticated users only.

If you are interested, please email us at support@plumsail.com for more details.