Any issues or things to be aware of if we need to keep changing the template and uploading it?

We have a few pricing tables in our presentation template that we update on a weekly or biweekly basis. It's easier to just update it directly in the template and upload than it is to pull the data from elsewhere, but I might look into that in future.

Is there any issues or things to be aware of when changing the template often? Mostly it would be things like just updating the pricing in a table on one slide and then reuploading.

Do I need to click the Tokens button again and have it detect them all, or do I just upload and save? Same with the tokens it detects, I did a test and set one token to be numeric, and then removed some tags and added new ones and reuploaded, and it still showed that one tag as numeric which seems to be a good sign.

My main concern is that I want to be able to just upload the template with changes and move on, and am hoping it doesn't mean that I have to make other changes like to the delivery options etc if they also reference tokens.

Thank you!

Hi @Psycho_bunny,

If you keep the same tags and just add new ones, it's totally ok, you don't need to re-add the tokens in the process settings.

However, if you remove some tokens, it will affect the result.

For example, If I use some token from a document in the email subject (email delivery) and then I remove the tag from the document. The process will work, but the subject will be without the token.

Anyway, if you notice some unexpected behavior please feel free to contact our support team at support@plumsail.com

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team