Date Field for Birthdate

Hey all,

I want to use the date field for people to fill out their birthdate. Is there a more efficient way I can set up this control to use it for birth dates?

Hello @5by5,

Depends on what do you want to achieve.

Do you want to limit the date that the user can select? Or do you want to collect only the date and month, excluding the year?

I think ideally there would be dropdown controls displaying lists for day, month and year so it would be easier for the user to scroll through and select. As easy as typing in the date seems, it isn't quite as user friendly as using a calendar selector, but this specific calendar selector seems quite tedious to use for birth dates.

I think if possible I'd limit the data so that they couldn't select a birthdate if they are younger than 18. Is this possible?

@5by5,

You can place fields side by side thus users will select date and month from the drop-down and specify the year:

Or you can change the appearance of the calendar and specify the maximum available date using the code:

fd.rendered(function(vue) {

fd.field('Date').widgetOptions = {

start: 'decade',
        weekNumber: true,
        max: new Date(2002, 0, 1)
    }

});

Please find more information on how to change calendar properties in our documentation here.