Date fields does not load correctly

Hello,

We are facing strange issue for last few weaks. Sometimes date fields does not load correctly, without datepicker icon. Also does not load value, if already saved and cannot be save with new value. Form loads correctly after page refresh but it is anoying for users. We have this issue on all forms with date fields.

Thanks in advice.

Dear @corstro,
Thank you for writing about this. This does seem like a serious issue. We'll try to reproduce on our end, but it might be something specific to your form or site configuration, so if you encounter the same issue again - please, open the browser's console and check for errors.

If there are any errors - please, send us a screenshot of the console.

If this makes normal work challenging (and I assume it very well can), please, also write us to support@plumsail.com, we might need to access the site and check it ourselves.

Hi Nikita,
thank you for your reply. If form is not correctly loaded following error found on console (SP field is date only):

Site has configured Slovak locale and date format DD.MM.YYYY. I think, it is all what can be specific.

Dear @costro,
Okay, thank you for this! Could you remove all the custom JS code and clear the cache fully (or launch browser in Incognito mode) and test again?

If the issue still happens - please, let me know your language, region setting and the version of the App Package in App Catalog.

Issue persists after removing all custom js code. We are using Slovak or English language, both site configurations are affected. Region is configured to Slovak or Slovenian, also both affected.

We used version 1.0.6. Today I upgraded to 1.0.8., but without any change to this error.

plumsail.version

Dear @corstro,
Are you opening form in a panel or in a full page mode?

We are using all forms in full page mode. But when I tried it with side panel mode, I get the same error.

Dear @corstro,
We might need to access one of the sites that has this issue, as we're unable to reproduce it on our own tenant, even with Slovak culture and other adjustments. If you could create a test site (with no important data) where the issue could be reproduced and send me an invite to n.kurguzov@plumsail.com - that would be most helpful!

Dear @corstro,
Thank you for the site, it actually helped us a lot! The issue is that the servers are sending the dates in two different formats, one is working fine and the other one cannot be processed.
Not sure why this happens, maybe the settings were changed recently and not all servers have updated, or it be might something else.

In any case, we'll create a fix soon, please, stay tuned!

Thank you for your investigation. It looks like it can be also a reason for another date problem which we have. Sometimes the form cannot be saved due to wrong date format. Just click save button again and form is saved succesfully.

We are looking forward for a fix.

Dear @corstro,
Please, clear the cache or try Incognito mode in the browser - both issues should now be fixed. Let me know if something still remains bugged.

1 Like

Thank you for your help. We can confirm both bugs is resolved now.

2 Likes

Hi Nikita,
sorry for bothering you again, but we are facing anothor date issue after update. When user manually write date in "no space format" - 2.1.2020, form is saved successfully, but date value is blank. Is there any option how to change format in forms? It is a little bit confusing to have different date fomat in list (without spacing) and in forms (with spacing).

Dear @corstro,
Please, switch to Slovenian locale until all the servers are completely updated. After that the new format will be applied everywhere - d. m. yyyy

Only the locale needs to change, not the language or anything else.

Slovenian locale have different thousands separator, but czech works well. Thank you for a quick workaround.