Disabled multiline fields are still editable

I'm using Plumsail forms in SharePoint. I need to make a multiline field read only dynamically... I used the code below. But is doesn't work right. It looks disabled, but there is a small space to the left that I can edit the field from. Let me know how else I should have made this field read only.

if (isAdmin){ 
    fd.field('Administration_x0020_Comments').disabled = false;
} else{ 
    fd.field('Administration_x0020_Comments').disabled = true;
}

Hello @Zusbry,

I'm sorry for the delayed reply!

Thank you for reporting this! Seems that this is a bug on our side. I will let you once it is fixed.

1 Like

Hello @Zusbry,

We published a fix for the rich text field.

You may need to completely clear your browser cache to see the changes.

1 Like

Hi @mnikitina

We use Plumsail Forms version 1.4.8 with SharePoint 2019 on premises.
We still have this bug, that the rich text field doesn't get disabled properly so it still appears like in the image above.
Is this bug only fixed for the newer Plumsail Forms versions?
Or could there be any other reasons why this bug still occures?

Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

Hello @KaiFrstr,

Welcome to Plumsail Community!

Currently, the bug is fixed for SharePoint Online version.

We are working on the update for SharePoint 19, that will include the fix for this issue too.

1 Like

This bug still seems to exist on SharePoint Online when using Plumsail Forms version 3.2.4

I'm using the following code which seems to work on all other fields except for a Rich Text multi-line field:

fd.field('DescribeInDetail').disabled = true;

I even tried this to no avail:

fd.control('DescribeInDetail').disabled = true;

Hello @Adam_Reyes,

Works fine on my form designed with version 3.2.4:

Do you see the field partially grayed out or not disabled at all? Please make sure you use the internal name of the field in the code.

Also, what version of the app package do you use? Check the app package version in the form page source:

Yes, the whole field and toolbar is available and not greyed out. Version is the same on our end and also in the page source.
plumsail_web_version

@Adam_Reyes,

Please export the form and share it here or send it to support@plumsail.com. I will review it on my side.

Hello, just following up on this issue. I've exported the form and sent to your team about 3 weeks ago but haven't heard any responses or updates. Is there somewhere else I need to submit to?

Hello @Adam_Reyes,

I'm sorry, but I couldn't find any recent emails from you in our system.

You can DM me the export of the form here.