Display logic?

Hi

I wonder if you could explain how the plug logic works when building the org chart? The reason for asking is that some users are unable to view the chart properly and I am trying to figure out why this might be happening. Typical example is that if I (GA/Site admin) go to the org chart page I can see the entire structure no problem. Another user that just has read permissions can only see their name and are unable to navigate up the org tree to their manager? Seems like odd behaviour, I thought it might be linked to the manager property in the users profile (for clarification I am using the profile service to build the org chart) but that wouldn’t explain why I can see everything and the other user can’t?

Any pointers or if you need more information please ask.

Thanks
Rob

Hello,
Thanks for contacting us.

Just to clarify, does the page with Org Chart have publishing enabled? If that’s the case, then it would cause this kind of behavior.

Otherwise, you can also try using Root ID to specify which one should be the root of the Org tree. You can learn how to do it in this article.

Best regards,
Andre Lima
Plumsail Team.

Hi Andre

The page is hosted on a publishing site, can you explain why this might be causing the issue?

I’ve tried to set the root id using the CEO but still the org chart isn’t displaying the data properly.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rob

Hi Rob,
If the pages have publishing enabled then it can be modified but not published. In this case only admin will see changes in Org Chart configuration, as we store configuration inside web part.

Best regards,
Andre Lima
Plumsail Team.

Hi Andre

Ah, I see what you mean now. I've disabled check out/publishing on the library where the pages are saved so it is always published as a major version now.

As you can see from the screenshot the page is no checked out and is published as a major version.

Thanks
Rob

Hello Rob,
Great to see you gave it a try.

Is everything working fine now?

Best regards,
Andre Lima
Plumsail Team.