Dropdown in datatable function as a lookup field for SP List

Hey all,

How would I go about doing this? I just need a drop down in a data table that is populated with the title fields of all the items in another list in the same site collection.

Thanks!

Anybody? I can do the REST call to Sharepoint… I just need to set the pulldown’s items property. What property should I be looking for? Do I pass it an array?

Dear @parmiras,

Please, use this code to refresh the data: https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/javascript/ui/dropdownlist/configuration/datasource

For example,

fd.field("DropDown0").widget.dataSource.data(["One","Two"]);

@parmiras

I would like to do the same thing. Did you get this to work? If so, can you share the code?

Thank you!

I also need to do same thing.

I am able to load normal dropdown with other list column values using pnp JS code: here is the code

fd.spRendered(function() {
var varcolTitle=[];
//Getting other list name is BroadBandPricing
pnp.sp.web.lists.getByTitle("BroadBandPricing").items.select("Title,ID").getAll().then(function(allItems){
for(var i = 0; i < allItems.length; i++)
{
var varcolTitle=allItems[i].Title;
console.log('varcolTitle');
console.log(varcolTitle);
}
fd.field('ddlInternetPlan').widget.setDataSource({data: [varcolTitle]});
//laoding values into dropdown controls
});
});

is it Possible to add dropdown inside datatable to load another list column values?

Hi @AlexZver

Searching online I didn't find a solution to the problem exposed by @karthi

I have the exact same question, and id is possible could you please teach me how to implement this kind of command in a specific DataTable Column
command:
fd.field("DropDown0").widget.dataSource.data(["One","Two"]);

I want to change the selectable items of a datatable dropdown column.

@Nikita_Kurguzov @mnikitina

Thanks for your help :sunglasses:

Hello @hdgallegot,

Please find the code example in Dynamic DataTable content from other Lists article.