Excel hide-block-if

For hide-block-if I saw the note "This approach works only if there is a single tag inside your named range. If there are multiple tags, the templating engine will switch to logic with hiding content of a single cell".

I need to hide the named range "hideSwapBlock" which has a nested range and table that I use for looping. It currently looks like the following.

I can't use your table cell with invisible border trick. Is there some other way to suppress entire range? Thanks.

I ended up using rule-based conditional formatting in Excel (white text, white background, etc.) to at least "hide" the table when I want to suppress it. Not great, but good enough for now.

I'm not sure where we can make feature requests, but what would be awesome would be a tag like {{value}:hide-range-if(true)} that we could place inside a range that would hide the entire range, even if it had multiple tags in the range.

1 Like

Hello @Bjorn,

Thanks for the idea. I'll discuss it with my team.

Best Regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team

Hello @Bjorn,

Could you provide your excel template and the JSON data? Probably we'll suggest some workaround. Thanks!

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team

Hi @Petr. I submitted both files to a support ticket. Thanks!