File Size in Library

Hi,

Microsoft have recently upped the file size limit for SharePoint Online document libraries to 100gb.

Do the same rules apply for Library control's within Forms. A client has reported difficulty trying to upload a file of 280mb and this is failing. Is there a further limit imposed within Forms or should I report this to Microsoft? Error is being returned directly in the Library control (I've copied it out below)

Kind regards
Andy

ERROR:

Error making HttpClient request in queryable [503] ::> Sharepoint Online body,html { font: 18px/normal "Segoe UI",Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif; line-height: 23px; color: #333333; background: #F3F3F3 !important; } a { color: #3366BB; text-decoration: none; white-space: nowrap; } #sw_content { width: 760px; height: auto; margin: 0 auto; padding: 0; margin-bottom: 150px; background: #F3F3F3; } .panda { margin-top: 60px;} .panda img { width: 350px; height: 223px; } .title { font-size: 38px; line-height: 48px; color: #777777; text-align: center; margin-top: 30px; font-family: "Segoe UI",Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif; } .sc_errD { font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; color: #777777; text-align: left; margin-top: 20px; white-space: nowrap } .sc_error { margin-top: 10px; padding: 0 20px; } .sc_error p{ margin: 18px 0px; } .bing_logo { margin-top: 25px; } .panda, .bing_logo, .sc_error{ text-align: center;} #b_header { display: none; } a:hover{text-decoration: underline;} @media(max-width: 736px){ body{font-family: HelveticaNeue, Roboto, Arial, sans-serif;} .panda { margin-top: 60px;} .panda img { width: 225px; height: 143px; } .title { margin-top: 20px; font-family: HelveticaNeue, Roboto, Arial, sans-serif;; font-size: 23px; line-height: 28px; color: #333333; } .sc_errD, .sc_error p { font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; } .sc_error { margin-top: 5px; } .sc_error p{ margin: 0px;} .bing_logo { margin-top: 20px; } #sw_content{ width: auto;} }

Something went wrong

This is a temporary issue, so try again in a few minutes.

Technical details:</>

Ref A: 0735E5C3F58345D8A9ABCAE864460402 Ref B: MAN3

Hello @abolam,

There are no separate limits in List or Library control.

Have you tried to reproduce the case?

Are you using SharePoint Online?

If so, please make sure you are using the latest version of the app package, which is 1.0.8. You can find the instructions on how to update the app package here.

Please update the app package, clean browser cache, and check if the issue persists or not. Let me know how it goes.

Hi Nikitina,

It would appear that we no longer get the above error anymore, but instead get a different message today - I've done some extensive testing this morning, and can report the following.

We are using SharePoint Online on first release tenant.
Site is a Communication Site.
Plumsail Forms app is at version 1.0.8.0.

Using a 18 Megabyte .mp4 file:

Upload to SharePoint Library directly (i.e. not via Plumsail Form):

File uploads in approx 10 seconds, No issues.

Upload to SharePoint Library via Plumsail Library control (no lookup or custom script on library control):

File uploads in approx 10 seconds, No issues

Upload to SharePoint Library via Plumsail Library control (lookup column configured in library control):

File uploads in approx 10 seconds, No issues

Upload to SharePoint Library via Plumsail Library control (lookup column configured and also custom script to add metadata via the 'filesUploaded' option):

File uploads in approx 10 seconds, custom script updates additional columns. No issues

Using a 280 Megabyte .mp4 file:

Upload to SharePoint Library directly (i.e. not via Plumsail Form)

File uploads in approximately 5 mins. No issues.

Upload to SharePoint Library via Plumsail Library control (no lookup or custom script on library control):

File does not upload - error 'spform.js:33 [SharePoint Forms] TypeError: Failed to fetch ListOperationsManager:UploadFiles' returned to the console

Upload to SharePoint Library via Plumsail Library control (lookup column configured in library control):

File does not upload - error 'spform.js:33 [SharePoint Forms] TypeError: Failed to fetch ListOperationsManager:UploadFiles' returned to the console

Upload to SharePoint Library via Plumsail Library control (lookup column configured and also custom script to add metadata via the 'filesUploaded' option):

This says to me that there is an issue with Plumsail Forms, not SharePoint Online, and that there is some issue to do with file size. It seems that anything over 250 megabytes causes this problem, which is the limit for list attachments not library files.

I would appreciate it if you would please try to recreate and refer this to a developer at your end as a matter of urgency. I cannot see how this issue can be related to SharePoint Online in any way.

Hello @abolam,

I couldn't reproduce the issue on my tenant.

Could you please share the screenshot of the webpart and widget versions. You can find them in browser console(F12) >> Source >> Page >> forms.plumsail.com

Sure, my console returns the same results as expected:

Copy of the issue and what is returned in console and library:

Hello @abolam,

Developers are looking into the issue. I will let you know as soon as there are any news.

1 Like

Any update on this item? My client is eager to know if Plumsail Forms are a go for their project, as if it doesn't allow large file upload we'll need to consider another option for them.

KInd regards
Andy

Hello @abolam,

Developers are still working on resolving the issue. They need approximately one more week for this task. I will let you know as soon as the fix is ready.

Hi mnikitina,

Sorry to be chasing this but we still see this issue in our tenant. Any update?

Kind regards
Andy

Dear @abolam,
Please, make sure to clear cache of the browser fully (or try Incognito mode), and test one more time. It should be fixed now.

Let me know how it goes!

Hi Nikita,

Issue appears to be resolved, thanks for confirming.

Kind regards
Andy

1 Like