Fill government pdf-forms

Dear Plumsail-Team,

thank you for an amazing product and also the Demo-API-Key. Our team is already working on devising some cool flow patterns in Microsoft Teams.

We are a small company helping other small and medium sized companies apply for government-grants. This means a lot of filling out of government forms in pdf format. However, we have no say in how these forms look like.

Unfortunately, until now we have not figured out how to populate these pdf-forms with data using Plumsail (the source doesn't matter for now). Could you maybe have a look if it is even possible, we often get encryption errors or the file is not savable afterwards. I attached two easy examples (in German), could you just try filling them with whatever?

Thanks a lot for you help.

zahlungsanforderung-einzelprojekt.pdf (1.7 MB) skizze-einzelprojekt.pdf (41.3 KB)

Hello @PFIF,

Thanks for your kind words!

I tried to check the attached PDF, but it seems that it doesn't have the form's elements and related tags to fill.

I'd recommend you checking the example

You'll find information on how to prepare and then fill a PDF file, then try to modify your PDFs accordingly.

Best Regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team

Dear Petr,

thanks for your reply. I was afraid this was the case. Unfortunately we cannot modify the PDFs as they are supplied by the government (and I don't think we can change their mind :smile: ).

It does work however "offline" by importing an XML-file using Adobe Pro. Any chance this somehow enables a workaround?

Thanks a lot and best regards.