Forms - Grid View Question

Can you please advise if its possible to set/fix a certain amount of rows in grid view for data entry, instead of the user adding new records?

For example, the form opening with 10 fixed products, that require counts (for inventory purposes). with no option to add any further records.

Hope that this makes sense,

Thanks in advance, Alex

@Nikita_Kurguzov I hope that you are well. Are you able to provide any feedback on the above?

Dear @Alex_Stephen,
We're talking about Data Table control, right? You can add items before hand, like this:

fd.rendered(function() {
    //select the DataTable control to populate
    var dt = fd.control('Control1');

//specify information for rows using columns' Name property
    var dtRows = [
        {Product: "Forms for SharePoint Online", Price: 599, Subscription: true, Date: new Date()},
        {Product: "Charts for Office365", Price: 399, Subscription: false, Date: new Date()}
    ];

//assign rows to DataTable
    dt.value = dtRows;
});

Then, in theme settings, custom CSS, you can hide toolbar and the delete column:

div.k-toolbar.k-grid-toolbar,
.fd-datatable td:last-child,
.fd-datatable th:last-child{
    display: none;
}

Hello @Nikita_Kurguzov Thanks for your response. Do you have a template available to share with me where I can see this setup?

Thanks, Alex

Dear @Alex_Stephen,
It's rather basic, but I've exported the form for you with this setup, find it attached, you can import it.

DataTableExample.json (1.8 KB)

1 Like

This is great, I just needed to see it working - It answers my question perfectly.

Thanks for your assistance on this.

1 Like