Hiding + Add new ticket for the Helpdesk Widget

Hi,

Is it possible to hide or redirect the "+ Add new ticket" button at the top of the Helpdesk widget.

I have a completely custom form for people raising new tickets and I would like to either have this button re-direct to that page or to hide it completely. I have tried doing it via various CSS with no luck. I have tried these three things:

.pl-hd-widget span[data-bind='click:$root.OpenAddView'] {display: none !important;}
.pl-hd-widget .ms-Icon.ms-Icon--Add { display: none !important;}
.ms-Grid-col.ms-u-sm11 {display: none !important;}

Thanks,
David

Hello David. Please try the following style:

.pl-hd-widget .ms-u-sm11 {
    display: none !important;
}

But could you explain why the customization of the widget form doesn't work for you?

Hi @Evgeniy,

Thanks for this. This works but only AFTER I have been to the add a new ticket page. As I have added the CSS in the custom form for adding a new ticket it only. Is there somewhere I can add it so it works from the point it loads?

The customization of the widget form does work for me BUT the form I have is a SHAREPOINT form that uses cascading lookups and then uses a Power Automate flow to put the submission into our Plumsail instance or triggers an automated process. I don't think you can put SharePoint forms into the widget customisation can you?

You are right, SharePoint forms can't be used in the widget.

So, you used the suggested styles in the SharePoint form, am I right? Then, the styles from the form are applied to the widget page after opening the form. I am sorry but I can't understand, how it works on your side and what is the relationship between the widget and new ticket pages. Perhaps, it doesn't matter for the topic, but if you think otherwise, please clarify how it works. You can share a screen-record to demonstrate it.

But I suppose that the issue is about applying custom styles to a SharePoint page. If you have a modern page, then custom CSS file can't be applied. You can find available options in this article. I suppose that the page should be created programmatically. During the process, the mentioned styles should be built on the page.

The case is much easier if you place the widget on a classic page. In this case, you can embed the custom styles using a script editor.

1. Add the "Script Editor" web part at any place on the page:

1. Edit the web part:

1. Then click "Edit Snippet":

1. Add the suggested style into the <style> element:

1. Save the changes and check the result: