How do I install helpdesk to a subsite (office 365 version)?

Hi,

I'm trying to install multiple instanses of Helpdesk (office 365 version) and the wizard will only let me install at the default location /sites/. How do I install to a subsite? Is there a manual way of installing?
The online instructions at https://plumsail.com/docs/help-desk-o365/v1.x/How%20To/Create%20multiple%20help%20desks%20for%20different%20departments%20and%20configure%20them%20with%20different%20inboxes.html only states "After all, just install Plumsail HelpDesk to your new subsite"
How do I do that?

With regards -=/Anders

Hello Anders! Unfortunately, new versions of HelpDesk (2.x.x) can't be installed on a subsite. It was possible up to version 1.5.10 with classic UI. If you need to organize and unite HelpDesk instances on different site collections, you can use hub-sites instead of subsites. Also, I can provide you with the legacy version of HelpDesk (1.5.10) by your request.

1 Like

Ok, thank you for the answer!
Should the HUB also be a plumsail HelpDesk or can it be just any site? In the previous version the "root" site was supposed to be a helpdesk site and the sub-sites too.

With regards -=/Anders

It can be any site you want, it's not restricted. =)

Thank you! I ended up not using hub sites either, just placing the widget outside of the Helpdesk to hide the Helpdesk from the end users.

-=/Anders

1 Like