How To Edit Comment

How do you eidt a comment in a Help Desk ticket? Clicking edit item does not enable any editing or addition of any existing comment.

Why would you want to edit a comment? To correct grammar/spelling like the miss-spelled edit in my initial question here.

Hi @ed.carden,

But design, there is no special functionality to edit comments. Yet it’s possible to do. You would need to navigate to Site Contents -> Comments List and find the comment you like to change. Then you can edit it as a regular SharePoint List Item.

Please, note that if you edit a comment, comment’s text in the initial email notifications (if they are configured) will not be changed.

Anna Dorokhova
Plumsail Team

That seems to be a major flaw. In my case the mis-spelled words are not as big a deal as the formatting. I pasted comments into the field and it looked fine but after it was saved it was all out of whack. I assume its because the formatting did not carry over properly but if you can’t see this has happened until after saving then you need to be able to edit the thing

@ed.carden,

Could you please send me a screenshot of a sample formatted text - how it looks before you save it - and a screenshot of how the text looks after saving?

Anna Dorokhova
Plumsail Team