Invalid data has been used to update the list item. The field you are trying to update may be read only

Hello,

We have a form that we are using for months now, currently when we tries to submit the data it throws the below error.

"Invalid data has been used to update the list item. The field you are trying to update may be read only."

This happens if we try to edit the existing entries. Newly created entries are working ok.

Hi there,

we have the same issue on multiple forms. Even as admin, I can't save some forms. It doesn't happen on all forms.

App Version is 1.0.8.1
I also tried resaving the form.
The form and list haven't changed for month.

Thanks in advance.

But we where able to save the form as admin. so till we get a solution we are making admin to save the data. Users who had edit permission was also not able to edit this.

the above error is after commenting our all the js code

Same issue was reported by our users from this morning.
One of the forms that had this error saved after removing the lookup dependent fields, i.e. those linked to the lookup field that only displays another related field.

Just updated another form, removed the lookup dependent fields from the edit form and the form saved without the 'read-only' error message.

It has been confirmed by plumsail that it was a bug and they have fixed it. Please clear the history or login in via Privet browsing

1 Like

Cleared the cache, works again. Thanks.

1 Like

Dear @Rinu, @Andre, @nI3o,
Thank you for reporting the issue! We've released a fix for the occasionally empty lookup field on Monday, but it has negatively impacted some forms, so we've also released a hot fix for that as well.

If you do notice any other issues - please, let us know, we'll make sure everything is working properly.

3 Likes