Linking and displaying related items from different lists

I'm using Plumsail HelpDesk and have created an Assets list and assigned assets via a lookup column in the Asset list to users in the Contacts list. I have also added a multi-lookup column to the Tickets list to attached more than one related asset to the ticket.

I have edited the Contact form to include an area that lists the assets that are assigned to the user.

Instead of creating a New asset from this screen, can I search for an existing asset to associate to the user?

On the Ticket form I am showing the Lookup field for the related assets:
How can I show the Asset List items with multiple details in this view?

To be a real game-changer... in the ticket form, if I click on the requester's name and see the list of assigned assets, is there a way to select one or more of these and relate them to the ticket?? IE- User A calls with problem so we open a ticket and assign the requester then click on the requester's name to see what assets are assigned to him to select the problem asset.

Thanks,

Tom

Hello Tom!

Instead of creating a New asset from this screen, can I search for an existing asset to associate to the user?

Unfortunately, not.

First, complex option.

I would advise you to create a collapsed accordion control above the current list/library one. Then, put there another list/library control and connect it to the Assets list too but do not filter its content by the lookup field. You can display either all assets in it, or apply some custom view with filtering you would like, for example, unassigned assets:

Thus, you will see the related assets in the contact form:

And if you need, you can expand the accordion and edit, for example, unassigned items:

Second, simple option. Edit any item in the list/library control and then close it - you will get to the entire Assets list.

How can I show the Asset List items with multiple details in this view?

You need to use the same list/library control on the ticket form either. It means that you should bind the accordant assets with tickets in the Assets list as you did in the case of contacts. Just add a multi-lookup field Tickets that will refer to the Ticket ID field of the Tickets list. Then, use it to bind the control on the ticket form with the Assets list.

To bind a requester's asset with his/her ticket, click the requester's name in it:

Open the assets tab on the contact form, select the required asset and edit it.

Add the current ticket ID to the Tickets field and save the asset:

It will appear on the accordant tab of the ticket form:

Please let me know whether it will work for you or you have any notes on this.