List or Library in forms problem

Hi, I am using a list or library control in my forms. I have 2 lists A and B. I am showing B in A.

My requirement is to give access to B records only where a user name has been specified. So for users I am not giving the B list permission but when an admin is creating a record in list B I am running a flow which will grant access to user for that particular item where they are mentioned.

The problem is in sharepoint they can access the records in both list but when users are trying to access through form A it says

You do not have permission to view this list.

This is how full user can see. Now I want Ramiz to see only his record and local user to see only his record but when I am logging in with these users it says

But with the same user I can go to the lines list as shown in this figure.

I am not giving the list permission to user instead I am giving the record permissions.

Hello @Ramiz,

Do you have any code on the form related to List or Library control? Could you please comment it out and check if the error persists.

Also, what permission level users have to the whole list?

What list view have you selected in the List or Library Settings>> Data Source?

Hi @mnikitina

I dont have any code so far on the form.

User doesnt has the whole list permission. User only has the permission of records (Item level permission). I am mentioning the name of user and after saving I am running a flow to give permission only to a record which is for the user.

I am using the default view.

Hello @Ramiz,

User should have at least read permission to the list to work with List or Library control.

Please grant users read permission on the list and test if they can see their records.

Hello @mnikitina

If I give read permission to user they can see all records until the flow runs. When I am saving the form the flow (automated flow) takes 10 15 seconds to run and after its execution only users can see limited records.
So for 10 15 seconds users can see others records as well which I dont want them to see. But in SharePoint they dont have the permission to the lists but they can navigate to the lists.
Hope you understands.

Hello @Ramiz,

You can change the Item-level Permissions in the advanced settings of the list, thus users can only read items that were created by them.

If that doesn't suit you, would you consider paid support? Please email us at support@plumsail.com for more details.

Hi @mnikitina
I already checked this permission if I use the method that you mentioned only design and Owners can see all records but I have users like managers who will see all records as well to approve and I cant give design permission to them.

For now I am giving the read permission of the list to all user and write access to their related records.

I dont know whether its possible or not to show records in Plumsail list or library control without giving access to list or library but SharePoint allows to access list if you have only record permission and not the list permission. So if its possible in Plumsail kindly inform me. Thank you.

Hello @Ramiz,

Currently, List or Library control requires a user to have at least read permission to show items on the form.

We can make changes to the control settings, but that would be a paid support. If you are interested, please email us at support@plumsail.com for more details.

Hi @mnikitina

As you said users must have at least read permission to show items on form using list or library control.
I am adding a list or library control connected to my library. I am giving read permission for the library to user and inside that library I have folder and user has write permission on that folder.

Now when I am giving him an option to add files using list or library control, user can add files to that folder. In list or library control I am setting root folder to the folder which has write permission. Can you explain me why its like that or user should have write permission to whole document library?

Hello @Ramiz,

List or Library control checks permission for the library, not for the particular folder. This is done for better performance.

This is not a common requirement for the List or Library control, but we can make changes to the control settings. Please email us at support@plumsail.com for more information about the paid support option.