MaskedTextBox field - cursor on the right

We started using the MaskedTextBox field to gather phone number input, the masking is (000) 000-0000. My understanding is that when a user goes into this field the cursor automatically goes all the way to the left to allow users to enter information. It worked really well in Mobile and Internet Explorer but we noticed a random issue with Chrome on the laptop where sometimes the cursor would go all the way to the right when the user clicked on the field.

Has anyone else reported this? Is there a JavaScript that can force the cursor to go always to the left when someone clicks on this field?

Thanks,

Alberto

Hello @adasilva,

This seems to be an issue with the control itself. I've passed the information to our developers team to investigate.

I will let you know as soon as I get feedback from them.

Thank you for reporting this!

Thank you for looking into this.

1 Like

Hello,

I was wondering if you had an update as to when the fix will be implemented?

Thanks,

Alberto

Hello @adasilva,

There is no exact date of publishing the fix yet.

I will let you know as soon as the fix is published.

Dear @adasilva,
Just wanted to let you know that the fix will be delayed, as we're unable to reproduce the bug consistently. It appears very sporadically and the research for the issue was taking an incredibly long time with no conclusive evidence.

As the issue is not critical for the functionality of the product, we've decided to focus on other issues for the time being. If it does get critical, or if you manage to reproduce it consistenly with some setup - please, let us know, we'll look into it once again.