Merging *.docx documents with different layout

Hi,

we are trying to merge multiple *.docx documents with different layout - page orientation, number of columns on page. To have different layout in the same document, each layout have to be separated with Section Break (Next Page). So we added section break to the end of each document. Unfortunately, merging these documents removed section breaks and output file have same layout on each page.

Is there any option how to keep Section breaks after merge? Or insert section break between every documents?

Thanks in advice.

Hi @corstro,

Could you provide the docx samples and I'll try to reproduce the issue?

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team

Hi @Petr,

thank you for your reply. I attached 5 docx files. Three starting 01-03 which we are trying to merge, Merged.docx - output from plumsail documents and Merged_Corrected.docx - how it should looks after correct merge.

01_Portrait_TwoColumns.docx (16.7 KB)
02_Portrait_SingleColumn.docx (24.0 KB)
03_Landscape.docx (11.8 KB)
Merged.docx (37.1 KB)
Merged_Corrected.docx (42.6 KB)

Hi @Petr,
do you success with reproducing issue? Do you have any news regarding it?

Thank you,

Hi @corstro

I was able to reproduce the issue, we're researching it. I'll post the results in the thread as soon as we find the solution. Thanks for waiting!

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail Team

Hi @corstro,

Our developers confirmed the bug, we'll try to fix it shortly.

Best Regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team

Hi @Petr,
we are looking forward for the fix. Do you have any informarmation when the fix can be ready?

Hello @corstro,

The bug is fixed. Please give it a try and let us know if there are any issues.

Best Regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team

Hi @Petr,
I can confirm, merging pages with different layouts currently works well. Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like