New on workflows

I am new on workflows and I am trying to use Plumsail to grant contribute permissions for the XXX group when the owner of the item is XXX.
I have many different owners, so many groups.
I guess my SP designer syntax is not good, could you help me, please ? Thank you

Hi, Virginie. Seems like you are doing ok. Is this workflow working for you? To automate the process please make sure that you checked an option to start when an item is created:

Best regards, Kirill Shaklein

Hello,
Thank you for your answer.
When I trigger it on creation, the permission is not applied. I guess it is because the owner field is not filled when the document is first uploaded. Is there a way to say “wait until the owner field is filled” then run the WF ?
Thanks for your help

Hi, @Virginie.

Seems like you are using the form that adds a new item and edits it at the same time.
You can try changing the trigger to edditing instead of creation.
Or as you suggested wait until the owner field is changed (you can find this action in the standard workflow list: List actions -> wait for field change in current item).

Best regards, Kirill Shaklein

Hi, @Virginie.

Also, please choose our Plumsail action ‘Wait for any change in fields’ than the standard one, so that it checks for any change, rather than particular one.

Here’s documentation for that.

Best regards, Kirill Shaklein.