Open Child form in the new tab as a fullscreen form

Hi there,
My child form is really becoming big and I was searching for options to do one of the following:
a) open it as a separate tab;
b) make the window much bigger (tried several options from forum and no success);
c) embed the child form into the parent.

Can you help me with any of it to make it work please ?)

Hi @katy,

The simplest solution out of the three would be to make the dialog window bigger as described in this post. If this doesn't work, could you share a screenshot of the form? Screenshots of the browser's console could also help.

@IliaLazarevskii yes, I saw this and i tried that: it works but it opens the dialogue box as soon as I switch to Edit form, and I need it when the user click New button for the child item - can you explain how I can do that?

Hi @katy,

Could you explain how you want to open the dialog? If you're using ListOrLibrary control, try this.

@IliaLazarevskii it looks like it applies a change in the dimensions BUT the window itself is still very small here is the picture without the code:

and here is with this code in JS:
fd.control('Control1').dialogOptions.height; //returns height
fd.control('Control1').dialogOptions.width; //returns width

//set width and height:
fd.control('Control1').dialogOptions = {
width: 2280,
height: 1720
};

you can see by my highlighted scroll bars that it does make it bigger, but I need to actually make the whole window bigger - so it will show a bigger window without scrolling.
Sorry, I hope that explains what I mean :-))

Hi @katy,

This is an unusual behavior. Do you have the last version of Forms and Designer installed? If not, I recommend updating both.

@IliaLazarevskii so i am a bit confused, according to the documentation instruction here we need to install the LATEST from MS AppSource. When I go there it says Version 1.1.0.1 (and that's what we have installed):
But your version history on your site says the latest is 3.4.9. How we can get the actual latest version?

Hi @katy,

The latest version of the app package is 1.1.0.1, and the latest version of the app itself is 3.4.9. You need the latest version of both.

If that doesn't help, try opening the form in different browsers or from different computers and let me know how it goes.

@IliaLazarevskii - still the same, I tried Chrome on my pc and both Chrome and Edge on a different computer, have the same small window with scrollbars.
By the way, I also have this code to copy the fields from parent to child:

fd.spRendered(() => {
   var parentForm = window.top.fd;

function reqattachments() {
           if (fd.field('NomimationTypeMain').value == 'New Business Sourcing') {

$('.altsup').show();
        } else {
            $('.altsup').hide();
        }
      if (parentForm) {

//Set field values with the values from the parent on form load
        fd.field('NomimationTypeMain').value = parentForm.field('NominationType').value;
        fd.field('AnnualTooledCapacityMain').value = parentForm.field('TooledCapacity').value;

$('.fields2hide').hide();
    }

}
    fd.field('NomimationTypeMain').$on('change',reqattachments);
    reqattachments();

});

it was working perfectly on version 1.1.0.0 but after we updated to 1.1.0.1 - it stoped :-((

@IliaLazarevskii I fixed the script issue with populating fields, but the problem with the window being very small is still there. Please advise! We have some service hours with you - do you want us to set up a meeting to troubleshoot?

Hi @katy,

I apologize for the late reply. Could you try removing all custom CSS and JS from the child form? If that doesn't help, please send us a letter at support@plumsail.com with a video of the problem, including the code. It's better to discuss a troubleshooting meeting via email.