Populating Account Number

Hi Guys,

I wanted to populate the customer account number on the Subject for every ticket created. At the moment I can see the ticket ID and Title. but I want to be able to see the account number of the customer. any solution?

Thanks

Ndy.

Hi @Ndy,
This is quite possible. The direct answer, however, depends on where and hoe do you exactly store the info on your customer account number. Is it in the Contacts list? If so, add the following token:
{{Ticket.Requester.NycommAccountCode}}
For example, here I have the field "Organization" added to the Tickets list:

Hi @v.uspenskii,

The customer ''Nycomm Account Code'' is a custom field we created on to capture customer account number. how do we get it to populate the field data on the Subject.

Regards

Ndy.

Hi @Ndy,
This depends on where is that custom field stored. Which list did you add it to (Tickets? Contacts, some other one?)
We need to link the Tickets list with this field.

Hi @v.uspenskii,

It's the Ticket list.

Thanks

Hi @Ndy,
So, {{Ticket.NucommAccountCode}} doesn't work for you?
Please navigate to the Tickets list and send us a screenshot or screenshots with all the NucommAccountCode column settings, we'll take a look, just in case it's not actually set up as a LookUp column.
Also, please note that you should use the internal name of the column. Once the column is created, the internal name gets fixed and doesn't change when you rename the column, it might be confusing. You can see the internal name of the column, for example, at the end of the URL in your browser, like this:

Hi @v.uspenskii,

Below is the Ticket list settings for the account code and also the internal name.

Regards

Hi @Ndy,
In this case, try using {{Ticket.InternalName}}, where InternalName is the internal name of your account code column. Just copy&paste it from the URL (as it is, with _x0020_ as spaces).