Saving Information to Disabled Fields

I used to be able to fill disabled fields with extra field data from a sharepoint lookup. Since updating Forms, the extra data comes through but does not save. Do I need to enable the fields before save like I did in Forms Designer?

Dear @cwalter2 ,
That's strange, are you sure about that? Which version are you currently using? Any errors in browser's console (you might need to turn on Preserve log feature, to keep errors after redirection)

I'm using the latest version, just cleared my browser's cache and everything seems to work like usual:

Does it make a difference that I am using dialog in lieu of panel? I had built a lot of forms centered around construction projects and since updating I have had a number of hiccups with everything defaulting to panel.

Dear @cwalter2 ,
I can't say if that makes a difference or not, the old dialog it might not even be fully supported, because the dialog is running in classic UI, correct? But I would recommend to give it a try - test the same form in dialog, and in panel, and see if there's a difference.

I am in the Modern UI. I have turned the panels off because it seemed as though all my forms were not working properly. When I select the item from the dropdown it does fill in the disabled fields, I save and then go back into the form it is still blank.
Then I select and get:
...this is what is in the console:
I save and when I re-open, I get:

Dear @cwalter2 ,
I think there is a bug, but it's a different one from not being saved! There is currently an issue that the change events are triggered when the form is loading. Are the values visible in the list after you save?

I suspect that you do not see any values because this part of the code runs when the form is loading:

I just commented out the null settings above and then changed to check if the extra fields are being passed before I execute the function and that seemed to work. When do you anticipate a fix or should I code a different fix?

Dear @cwalter2 ,
I apologize for the issue - this will be fixed soon, in around 2 weeks or so! For now, please, use the following code:

fd.spRendered(function() {
    function updateFunc() {
        //compare to previous value
        if (fd.field('Title').value != savedValue) {
            //do all your stuff here
            fd.field('Department').value = '';
            //update previous value of field in variable
            savedValue = fd.field('Title').value;
        }
    }

//store previous value of field in variable
    var savedValue = fd.field('Title').value;

// Calling updateFunc when Title value changes
    fd.field('Title').$on('change',updateFunc);

// Calling updateFunc on form loading
    updateFunc();

});

Just add an extra step to save the old value and compare it to new one inside of the change event, and only run your code if the value is different from the old one.