setTitle (Properties) when generating docx over REST

Hi Plumsail-Team

I need help with generating a docx-file via the endpoint "https://api.plumsail.com/api/v2/generate/from-docx". The endpoint works fine and creates the file as expected. Unfortunately I have not yet found out how to set the file properties-title (metadata). I think the title is set based on the template on which the docx-file is generated. However, I would like to be able to name this independently.

Is there a way to set the property-title of the docx-file via your generate-endpoint?

Thanks for your help

Hi @dmeier,

This metadata comes from the source template file and our action doesn't change it.
Probably, we can add this as a feature but we need to better understand what is the use case. Please let us know.

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team

Hi @Petr

Thanks for your feedback. Well, the use case is pretty simple. My file, which is generated from a template, has an individual title within the content of the file and therefore the metadata title should be named accordingly. Also, after converting the doxc into a pdf, this title is automatically displayed in various tools (such as Adobe Acrobat Reader in the tab). And I don't really want to have "TemplateTitle" there. This would be a great and useful feature to add.

Thanks for your help and best regards

1 Like

Hi @dmeier,

We added the task (support for substitution of metadata in documents) to our roadmap and will add to one of the future releases. not due date yet. I'll notify you once it's released.

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team

1 Like

Hi @Petr

I would like to ask if you have been able to schedule the development of the feature yet? This would help us a lot.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi @Petr

Is it possible to implement this feature in the short term? We would pay for your effort.

Thanks for your feedback and best regards

Hi @dmeier,

I contacted you from our support Helpdesk to discuss details of the paid support task.

Ticket number SP27042. Please reply there.

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team