Setup rule to auto resolve ticket based on subject

Hi. I’d like help setting up rule to auto resolved ticket based on subject title. I need the subject to also not contain FW: or RE: in the subject.

Thanks.

Hello Mick! I would advise you to use a regular expression in your condition. Here is a possible configuration of the trigger:

Please note that the "contains" operator is case-sensitive.

Thank you for your reply but can you confirm what this expression means. image

Also, if i just want to solve any new tickets that have "TEST TICKET" in the subject for example how could i achieve this?

It is just a sample of a regular expression. I didn't know what exactly the subject should contain in your case so my expression means: return true if the subject contains words "solve" and "me" (case insensitive) separated by any number of spaces. You can test your regular expression with a Regex Hero tool and then use it in the trigger condition. Find more information on regular expressions here. If you don't want to waste time on it, just use the "contains" operator but remember that it is case sensitive and checks the strict combination of characters.

Also, if i just want to solve any new tickets that have "TEST TICKET" in the subject for example how could i achieve this?

I am sorry, I forgot to reply either to this. You can use the following regular expression by analogy with mine:

'(?i)test( )+ticket'

Thanks, this really helped.

1 Like