SharePoint Update Affecting Forms Layout

Hi,

Hopefully someone has come across this issue... Yesterday I updated my SharePoint 2019 farm with the December 2020 CU. After this I noticed Plumsail forms are not displaying as before. Firstly the left hand quick launch area is no longer collapsed when the menu is empty and the actions (save & close) menu has moved under the default page menu bar, this has significantly reduced the screen real estate for forms. Before and after screen captures below:

form_before

form_after

I removed all custom css and javascript to test if it was my own customisations causing the issue, it was not. Also noted the following new errors in the console:

Is this a known issue and any workaround/fix available?

Thanks,
Andrew

UPDATE: Does not appear to effect form on the root level site collection, but is affecting all other non root site forms

Dear @Andrew,
Thank you for the report! We'll install the December 2020 CU and test it as soon as possible. If there indeed any issues - the fix will be available soon!

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Hi @Nikita_Kurguzov ,

Thanks for looking into it, have you managed to confirm if you see the same issue in 2019?

Dear @Andrew,
Thank you for the report! Looks like this is the case, our developers are currently working on a fix - I'll post here as soon as the issue is resolved!

1 Like

Dear @Andrew,
The issue seems to have resolved itself - we can't reproduce it anymore. This might be something on the side of SharePoint, or it might be the latest forms update from us, can't say for certain.

Are you still experiencing the issue or is it gone? If it's still there, contact us at support@plumsail.com, we can organize a screenshare session to make sure the issue is fixed for you too.

Hi @Nikita_Kurguzov ,

Yes I've also noticed this morning a form I am working on had returned to normal layout, I assumed something on the side of SharePoint. I put it down to unexplained Microsoft issues! Thanks for looking into it.

Andrew

1 Like

Hi @Nikita_Kurguzov,

The same issue as above has occurred after updating to the June 2022 CU, I can't find any other report on the forum, can you confirm you receive the same issue?

Thanks
Andrew

Dear @Andrew,
What's the version of the app and of the app package in App Catalog you're currently running?

Hi @Nikita_Kurguzov

The App Version from the app catalog is 1.0.8.0

The forms designer is displaying 1.8.7

Dear @Andrew,
Does it happen on every list/form or only somewhere specific? What if you create a new list on a new site? Also, you can try Incognito mode in browser to see if there's any difference.

Yes it happens on each existing form (in full screen mode) and the same when tested in incognito mode. I have created a new list and form to test and also the same.

Dear @Andrew,
What about a new site?

Hi @Nikita_Kurguzov

Yes I've created a new site collection to test it in and still the same layout result

Hi @Nikita_Kurguzov ,

Have you been able to confirm the same issue?

I see an October update KB5002278 has been released for SP2019, although this is primarily a security patch, so feel the chances are low of this fixing the layout issue.

Dear @Andrew,
We have 16.0.10390.20000 update which is Sept 2022, but we're unable to reproduce the issue.

Please, open Sources section of browser's dev tools and provide us a screenshot of the following sources:

We need to see both webpart and assets/js sections

Hi @Nikita_Kurguzov,

After doing some more investigation myself I'm convinced it's not an issue Plumsail is responsible for but Microsoft update related. See this thread for the same issue relating to various patches dating back to August 2020, causing empty left navigation and command bar and errors originating from sp-pages-assembly.js to be logged in the console (same symptoms for me). I hadn't noticed until recently it affected other modern pages (as most of our Intranet is still classic style).

I'm going to update to the latest October 2022 CU and hope this fixes the issue

UPDATE: October 2022 Update (KB5002278) has fixed layout issue on modern pages and forms

1 Like