Triggers - copying value from one column to another

Hi,

I am new to the trigger automation and trying to the simplest thing but failing.
All I want to do is copy the "body" (the description of the ticket) to another field I have created called "Description" (multi line text field).

Can someone please advise with simple instructions and a screenshot of the trigger please.

Hello @melo! The "Body" column of the "Tickets" list is a service one. HelpDesk uses it when adding new comments, but most of the time it is empty. I would advise you to fill the "Description" field with the body of a comment if it is initial. You will need to use tokens for this.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Unfortunately I have not got the option to select "{Comment.IsInitial}. When I type it and validate it; comes back with a syntax error.

Just to clarify I am using a trial version for Plumsail Helpdesk as I am trying to test out scenarios to see if Plumsail Helpdesk is fit for our purpose.

Look forward to your reply.

Regards

The HelpDesk trial doesn't restrict any functionality. Please ensure that you use square brackets in the condition - [Comment.IsInitial] - and selected the proper event - Comment has been created. The image in my post is compressed and that might mislead you, enlarge it to see all the details properly.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for the excellent support. I have done as requested and you were right the image mislead me but definitely working now after testing several times.

Thank you again for your help with this.

1 Like