Widget with Forms Customisation

Hi
I'm new to Plumsail and despite reading your documentation, I'm having an issue with customising the widget for our users.

I've updated the Helpdesk with two new fields, one is based on your Category (i've renamed it CategoryType) and another called ProblemArea. I've downloaded the Widget Template and I've connected to Forms using the URL for the SharePoint Helpdesk and then "Widget Customisation" However, I'm not seeing my new columns on the Form Designer. Both are drop downs and the idea is that the user can select the type of issue as well as the problem area.

I have tried using the template by connecting to Forms Designer and putting my own fields in (I have change the Name under General to match my column name), copied the ID to my widget on our SharePoint intranet site but whilst the new field appear, the drop downs don't reflect the choices I've added to HelpDesk

However, I'm not seeing my new columns on the Form Designer. Both are drop downs and the idea is that the user can select the type of issue as well as the problem area. Can you please advise.

Many thanks

Graham

Hi @GrahamT,
let's make sure we're on the same page here. Have you followed the steps in the Widget Customization guide? The HelpDesk widget is a public form, so you don't have to connect to the HelpDesk site to customize in. Instead, please download the widget form for ticket and/or for comment, then open Plumsail Forms and connect to your Plumsail Account:


After that, import the form and customize it Note that you have to add the new columns manually, given those the internal name from your Tickets list (please see the guide for more detailed instructions):

Please let us know if it works for you!

Hi many thanks for coming back to me.

OK, sorry makes more sense now. I've now got a problem with the internal name, I've tried various combinations but not making much headway. This is what I've got (after the site URL part)
_layouts/15/FldEdit.aspx?List=%7BD9595264-7886-411D-85B3-BD021AAC6B83%7D&Field=Category0

Tried replacing the %7D and various other combinations - sorry if it's a simple thing.

Many thanks

Graham

Hello Graham!

The internal name of the column is "Category0" according to the data you've provided. It's always the part of a URL that goes after "Field=". So you should name the fields of your widget forms the same as the internal names of the accordant columns.

Hi thanks for the reply - I had tried that as well but I now realise my mistake. I was expecting the form to pick up my drop down values. When I added these to the form to match my values on the drop down column, everything worked.

Many thanks for all your help

Graham

1 Like