Response status code does not indicate success: 500 (Internal Server Error)

Hello,

I am trying to save a simple plumsail form to a document library and I get:

System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. —> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 500 (Internal Server Error).
at System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage.EnsureSuccessStatusCode()
at XlSDGZI7JskNDFLOqX.E2cHtYiTkjjUKOuF7U.d__7.MoveNext()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task1.get_Result()
at XlSDGZI7JskNDFLOqX.E2cHtYiTkjjUKOuF7U.GoJ49J4Xp()
at FormsDesigner.SharePoint.FormsManager.GenerateForms(Guid formSetId, FormTypes formTypes, XDocument layout, CompiledForm compiledForm)
at Ndn83xTkYB6GVg6A4W.aLIHWE9YlCwaNh5LnR.<>c__DisplayClass23_0.JeIaXjxj6DHdt58EwH.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Ndn83xTkYB6GVg6A4W.aLIHWE9YlCwaNh5LnR.d__23.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at FormsDesigner.ViewModels.DesignerViewModel.d__286.MoveNext()
—> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 500 (Internal Server Error).
at XlSDGZI7JskNDFLOqX.E2cHtYiTkjjUKOuF7U.d__7.MoveNext()<—

I have tried others lists even created new ones to see if it was the list I was working on but its all of them. I am able to publish with forms designer but not with plumsail designer.

Capture

Dear @Riftsan,
Have you added your domain to Plumsail Account Licenses? If you haven’t, please do. This might be one of the reasons for the error.

A full installation instruction can be found here - https://plumsail.com/docs/forms/installation-sp.html

Hello,

Thanks for your response. I already had my license registered.

I was able to upload a local form to plumsail. I just can’t publish any form to my tenant.

Dear @Riftsan,
That is indeed weird. Does it happen on one specific site? Site collection? Domain? Everywhere? If it’s only some specific place - please post here a full URL in code formatting (</>), so we can test it ourselves, perhaps the URL is giving the error. There was an issue with some of the special characters in URLs before. Post it like this:

https://sharikov.sharepoint.com/sites/rock&roll

I tried publishing a form in different site collections and I get the same error.

I connect to:
(Web URL) https://eagletg.sharepoint.com/sites/hr/employees/mainhr
select Employees list and I try to save the form there.

Thanks,

Rift.

Dear Riftsan,
What about other tenants? Do they not work as well? Test it, please.

It seems that the app might’ve been deleted according to our logs. If it happened, you might still see the licenses in your account, but they won’t be active anymore (at least not on the site, the license is still purchased), and we can’t check it retroactively. Please, re-add your tenants to your account, and try again.

OK. I was able to save a form to : https://gruenedev.sharepoint.com/sites/MainHR/

I didn’t see a remove license option so I just clicked on “add tenant” and granted plumsail forms permission again. I tried saving to https://eagletg.sharepoint.com/sites/hr/employees/mainhr after re-granting access and same error.

Thanks,

Rift.

Dear Rift,
Hmm... The only thing that we can think of is that an admin might've restricted application's permissions. If you go to Admin Center of Azure AD, you can find the application's permissions here:

This is what we have, check yours, please:

P.S. Also, make sure that this setting is ON - https://support.office.com/en-us/article/turning-integrated-apps-on-or-off-7e453a40-66df-44ab-92a1-96786cb7fb34

My settings look the same:

It seems that permissions have been provided successfully now. Please restart the designer and try to save the form again.

:raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3:

Works now! Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I am trying Plumsail Forms for SharePoint online. I'm starting to see the following error when saving.

System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 500 (Internal Server Error).
at Jwb8khU9mgbfuoNb5i.waOdrGoZ1Pu0JZIR2A.d__9.MoveNext()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait()
at Jwb8khU9mgbfuoNb5i.waOdrGoZ1Pu0JZIR2A.Dxlqj0qMwW()
at Plumsail.Forms.SharePoint.FormsManager.T0Rqw6hHPB(Guid , FormTypes , eoCcYWNmwV6EiYALrh , Version )
at Plumsail.Forms.SharePoint.FormsManager.GenerateForms(Guid formSetId, FormTypes formTypes, XDocument layout)
at QoS9xkFrksKcCloChs.onu1t4ahfkIwnA5s9v.<>c__DisplayClass11_0.b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at QoS9xkFrksKcCloChs.onu1t4ahfkIwnA5s9v.d__11.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
at Plumsail.Forms.ViewModels.DesignerViewModel.d__314.MoveNext()
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 500 (Internal Server Error).
at Jwb8khU9mgbfuoNb5i.waOdrGoZ1Pu0JZIR2A.d__9.MoveNext()<---

Occasionally the form will save, but most of the time I see the error. I know the prmissions are correct.

Dear @GmanDPI,
How often and how regularly are you getting this error? Does it happen for one list only, or only one site, or does it happen on all sites and lists in the tenant?