Array is overwriting not included plumsail content with blank values

I have a xlsx template with two four column tables. I am attempting to insert different arrays generated by the CAML Query connector in ms flows into these tables. Table 1 and array 1 have dynamic content as follows: {{Column1}} , {{Column2}} , {{Column3}} , {{Column4}}. Table 2 and array 2 have dynamic content as follows: {{Column5}} , {{Column6}} , {{Column7}} , {{Column8}}. I have this process set up as a create xlsx from template action with input “items” from the CAML query (this will insert the array from a given source into the table of excel sheet). The output from this action is used as the document content for my second create xlsx from template action which uses the the output from the second array. After the first create xlsx action, array 1 is inserted without issue, but it overwrites the dynamic content that array 2 is supposed to plug into with empty cells. I am assuming this because columns 5-8 do not exist in array 1. Is there some way around this?

Hello @apearson,

Could you share screenshots with the Flow? Also, you can send it as a private message to me or to support@plumsail.com

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team

Hello @apearson,

You can try this workaround. Set {{Column5}} as {{Column5}}, {{Column6}} as {{Column6}}, etc in the first Action and then pass regular values in the second action. This way you save the variables on the first step and place the real information on the second step.

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team

Hi Petr,
I may have already tried something like this but I want to be sure I am understanding you correctly. Can you either elaborate or post screenshots please?
Best,
Alex

Hi @apearson,

You can save these variables on the first step:

2019-02-19_10-06-21

and then replace them with real data on the second “Create xlsx” step

2019-02-19_10-08-41

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team

Hi Petr,

I have tried something similar to this in the past. I am wanting to add the entire array though, not a single value per column. Is there a way to add the array as I showed in the past, while also replacing “t5-8” with {{t5-8}}?

Hi @apearson,

What if you pass it this way on the first step?

{
“column5”:"{{Column_x0020_5}}"
}

it writes {{Column_x0020_5}} into the created xlsx file and then you can use it in the second action.

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team

Hi Peter,

I have tried something like this as well. All of the {{}} content that is not included in the sharepoint list for query 1 is blanked out after the first array is inserted. Perhaps I misunderstood what you suggested above. Is it possible to insert an array and static content in the same step (attached picture). This obviously invalid JSON but could something like this be done so that the second set of {{dynamic content}} isn't blanked out when the first array is inserted in step one?

Thank you,
Alex