Auto Saving a Form

Is there any way to autosave a form either after an amount of time or when information is entered into a field? I have tried using the fd.save() method but have not had any luck. As a workaround, I’m attempting to disable a tab so that the user cannot access the tab until the form is saved. Im using Forms Designer Client 3.1.5, below is the code Im trying to use to disable to tab.

//Disables the device tab until the exception is saved and an id number has been assigned
function enableOrDisableDeviceTab(){
if (formID == ‘12’){
fd.container(‘Tab0’).tabs[1].disable = true;
}else {
fd.container(‘tab0’).tabs[1].disable = false;
}
}

Any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

Dear @AlexGr,
This community is actually about Plumsail Forms, not Forms Designer (different products with similar functionality), so methods from here won’t work.

For Forms Designer, we have a forum here - https://spform.com/forum/

As for saving, please, try:
fd.save().click();

To do it after a certain amount of time, you can set it on a timer, for example:
setTimeout(function(){ fd.save().click(); }, 300000);

Be careful when setting the time, as the form will refresh every single time it saves.

1 Like

I use this script on my forms. Is there a way to also reopen/redirect to the edit page upon auto save?

Dear @shedev ,
Are you using Forms Designer as well, or are you using Plumsail Forms?

I am using Plumsail Forms with SharePoint Online.

Dear @shedev ,
In this case, please, refer to this post, it will allow you to save form without closing it - Save Form with out Closing It - #27 by mnikitina