Call the plumsail method to open the form from list view

Hi all,
I am using plumsail form in a document library. To avoid having to go through item contextual menu in order to update document property ( menu [...], then More, then Properties), I would like to create a button in spfx with field customizer or command set to open the current plumsail form.
Is there a function I can call from a spfx project in order to open the current plumsail form ?

I found the editProps action given by the column formatting feature, but unfortunately it does not work on my on-premise SP 2019 environment (due to the json schema). That's why I was looking in spfx to do that.

Thank you for your help,

David

Hello @David74000,

Welcome to Plumsail Community!

Column formatting using the JSON object is supported in SharePoint 2019.

You need to download JSON schema for SharePoint 2019 following this link and upload it to SharePoint document library

Note that .json file extensions are not supported, thus you need to change the file extension to .js

And you can use this schema to change the create a link to open the file properties:

{
   "$schema": "{Link to the JSON schema}",
  "debugMode": true,
  "elmType": "div",
  "children": [
    {
      "elmType": "a",
      "txtContent": "Properties",
      "attributes": {
        "target": "_blank",
        "href": { "operator": "+", "operands": [ "/sites/{sitename/subsite}/_layouts/15/listform.aspx?PageType=6&ListId={ListID}&ID=", "[$ID]" ] }
      }
    }
  ]
}

Replace {Link to the JSON schema} with the complete URL to the JSON schema file,
{sitename/subsite} with the path to your site,
{ListID} with the library ID.

Hi @mnikitina
Thank you so much for your answer. That's a good start but do you think there is a way to open the form with the side panel form ? Like previously it was opened in modal window.
Best regards

Hello @David74000,

Please find the code example in this post:

Hi @mnikitina,
thank you but this JSON only works for SP Online as I can see from the $schema variable.
David

Hello @David74000,

You can adapt any JSON schema for SharePoint On-premises by changing the path to JSON schema file.