Change color of table cell/text based on incoming value

Hi,

I’m using Actions for Microsoft Flow to create a DOCX file based on a template with incoming JSON and I’m wondering if there’s currently any way to allow for the dynamic modification of the text color (or background color of a table cell), based on the JSON itself?

For example, if the incoming number from the JSON is 0, is there a way to specify that that text’s color should be red? Whereas if the value were 100, it would be green?

Thanks,
Kyle

Hello, @kyleprowe.

There’s no such functionality in Actions for now.
You can try using formatting rules in Excel and create XLSX instead.
Also, we can suggest you paid support if this functionality is critical for you. Please send us a message to support@plumsail.com with requirements in that case.

Best regards, Kirill Shaklein.

Hi - I am building a report that requires the same functionality mentioned here. I'm hoping that there has been some sort of solution since the original post.

Is there any way we can dynamically render a cell shading colour based on an incoming value from the JSON? Like a conditional statement, or perhaps using HTML?

Thanks,
Anita

Hello @anita.tran,

It's possible to do with excel templates.

Please check out my reply in the thread Conditional Formatting - #3 by Petr

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team

Hi @kyleprowe, @anita.tran - we implemented a similar functionality using rules for showing/hidding different rows of the table. My examples shows some grades (beween 1 and 6) in different colors, depending on the value. See attachment.
Example:
Hides the block: {{STATIONEN.Kriterium.Note1}:hide-block-if(value>=4.5 || value == null)}
Shows the value: {{STATIONEN.Kriterium.Note1}}

Formatting
P.S. you need to insert the value in the JSON for each color format.

1 Like