Create Word and PDF Documents from Microsoft Forms

Hello,

I would like to convert a Microsoft Forms form into Word and PDF from a Microsoft Flow (https://emea.flow.microsoft.com/fr-fr/galleries/public/templates/3c651e28cded46aab2ba40a2c3116f30/créer-des-documents-word-et-pdf-à-partir-de-microsoft-forms/).

The concern is that I can not find any documentation to help me in the programming of this stream and in any case errors occur after several tests.

Can someone help me?

Thank you

Help me please i’m embarrassed

Hello @jeje76930,

The main point of using Microsoft Forms and Plumsail actions is to select the MS Forms dynamic content and pass it to a Documents action. Most likely you need to Parse the Forms JSON prior this. Please find an example in this article.

Please share with me your flow screenshots, the parameters and word templates and I’ll advise mode specifically on the matter.

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team

Helle @Petr

I followed with precision the tutorial provides newly on the site of the template : Tutorial

My form is available here : Request form

When I test the form with flow, it tells me the following :

{
"request": {
"url": "/flow/v1/Documents/jobs/ApplyDocxTemplate",
"traceId": "0HLNHRIK3BM8B:00000C5D"
},
"error": {
"code": "Plumsail.Actions.Api.DTO.Exceptions.DataValidationException",
"message": "The input is not a valid Base-64 string as it contains a non-base 64 character, more than two padding characters, or an illegal character among the padding characters. ",
"date": "2019-06-16T11:21:39.76307Z"
}
}

Hello @jeje76930,

I can’t open the form, it says I don’t have enough permissions. Could you share the flow screenshots and the base64 string which is probably incorrect? You can find the string in the flow details after you run it.

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team

Hello @Petr

Please find attached some of screenshots of my forms

Hi @Petr

Here is the content of the codes on flow tests :

Corps

{
  "request": {
    "url": "/flow/v1/Documents/jobs/ApplyDocxTemplate",
    "traceId": "0HLNKMNLQPH71:0000011B"
  },
  "error": {
    "code": "Plumsail.Actions.Api.DTO.Exceptions.DataValidationException",
    "message": "The input is not a valid Base-64 string as it contains a non-base 64 character, more than two padding characters, or an illegal character among the padding characters. ",
    "date": "2019-06-20T08:44:21.9838945Z"
  }
}

Best regards

Hi @jeje76930,

Please make sure that you place JSON data and the source document content in correct fields in the action Create DOCX from template. Probably, JSON is placed into documents content field and vice versa.

2019-06-20_12-09-18

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team

@Petr

Another screenchot of template

Capture

Hi @jeje76930,

Please swap the inputs

2019-06-20_12-39-11

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team

@Petr

Thank you very much, I did not pay attention to this.

I will be more vigilant in the future.

Best regards

1 Like

Hi @jeje76930,

You’re welcome!

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail team