DOCX Template Issues

I've set up a template and built the JSON output, but the document is being produced with none of the fields being updated, even though the data output seems to be correct. The template is coming out unaltered.
Can anyone spot what I am doing wrong?
Template:

Data output from connector:
{
"Resource": "Jonathan Want",
"Resource1": "Jonathan Want",
"First Date1": "2018-04-01",
"First Date2": "2018-04-01",
"Client": "Client's Name"
}

Hello @jonwant, thank you for your message.

Could you please make a screenshot of your flow (you can make a screenshot only of this action) ?
If you have some sensitive information there you could send it tome via PM.

Please try to use our new Create DOCX document from template action.
To use it you would need to add a custom Plumsail Documents connector, you can find out how to do it here.

It is not available in the global connector yet. It should become available in a couple of weeks or less.

Thanks Oleg - trying that now.

One other question, can you use a {{placeholder}} multiple times in the same template?

Hi Oleg, that worked although the formatting of the dates did not. I can get around that by formatting it within MS Flow, but not sure why it didn’t work - does it perhaps need a full timestamp format? I am supplying “2018-04-01”.

Might be the problem with variable’s type, please try to set it to string.
You can try to specify it directly in ‘Template data’ to see if it works.

Our templater understands dates if they are in ISO or JS format.

I'm having the same issue. All of the data going in to my json input are strings.
{
"today": "test",
"branch": "JAE Test Branch",
"address": "36 Fortress of Solitude Avenue, The Artic Tundra",
"email": "test",
"phone": "test",
"what": "Kryptonite!",
"when": "2018-05-10T14:06:00Z",
"where": "Metropolis",
"who": "Clark Kent... I mean Superman",
"why": "Lex Luther",
"type": "Test",
"firstaid": "Nope",
"prevent": "Destroy my enemies",
"worksafe": "False"
}

Hello @drewschafer,

Could you please send a screenshot of your flow with data inside of the actions?
In case it has some sensitive date, you can send it to me via PM.

Thanks Oleg,

See attached Screenshot of my flow

Hello @drewschafer,

I’m sorry for confusing you.
Could you please make a screenshot with our actions?

Sorry, did they not show? Here is a screenshot of the actions in flow.

And here are the results from a test

Hi,

I am having difficulty with the actions on Flow

• The Flow completes "successfully", but the document saves without the fields being merged.
  • I have even used the demo invoice-template.docx as well as the sample JSON but the template is not populated.

Any advice which settings to check

Hello @drewschafer, @markgillis.

I’m afraid you are using the old version of DOCX creation action.
Please try to add a custom Plumsail Documents Connector and use a new action from it - Create DOCX document from template.

Thanks for that. I’ll give it a go. When will the new action be the default available within Flow?

Hello @drewschafer,

Actually, our new actions are already available in public Plumsadil Documents connector.

Hi @Oleg_Tsurkan

I have added a custom Documents Connector and used the new action and did a test. However, the output fails in this new connector. Please see screenshot below:

i did run it and was successful but did not solve the problem even after creating the custom connector as instructed. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello @Tumi-tumz, sorry for the delay.

You shouldn’t add a custom Documents connector now, the new actions are available in public connector.

Could you please tell us what error are you receiving? I see that the action throws 404, but could you please tell us what in the body of the error?