Error when installing Workflow Pack

Receive the following error when installing Workflow Pack: Error: Cannot add the specified assembly to the global assembly cache: Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.dll. (attached a capture from the installation)

Update: Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.dll is already installed on the WFE. I assume it was installed when we activated Site Mailboxes.

Can you assist?

Thanks, Bill

Hi Bill,

Thank you for the issue report. This is a known issue and we are going to handle it in our installer. This issue occurs if .dll was already installed by other Microsoft Installer. It adds flag to registry which forbids deployment of the same dlls.

For now as a workaround I would recommend you to follow instructions described in this article. You need to allow deployment of Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.dll by modifying registry key.

Feel free to contact me in case of any difficulties.

Anton,

Unfortunately, this solution did not help me. Default key(s) had no value.

Can you recommend another approach? When do you expect the your installer to be modified?

What version of Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.dll are you using? Our SPS 2013 Enterprise is currently using 15.0.0.0

Thanks, Bill

Hi Bill,

Thank you for information.

I think the most effective way to solve your issue is to set up a screen sharing session. Thus, we will be able to analyze and resolve the issue on your side.

Please, contact support@plumsail.com to arrange a time of a sessions.