Error when saving form: Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ServerUn

I got an error today when I tried to create a new form in an existing list:

Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ServerUnauthorizedAccessException: Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource.
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientRequest.ProcessResponseStream(Stream responseStream)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientRequest.ProcessResponse()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientRequest.ExecuteQueryToServer(ChunkStringBuilder sb)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientRequest.ExecuteQuery()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientRuntimeContext.ExecuteQuery()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientContext.ExecuteQuery()
at FormsDesigner.Data.FormPagesGenerator.CreateCustomForm(Guid formSetId, PageType pageType, XDocument layout)
at FormsDesigner.Data.FormPagesGenerator.Generate(Guid formSetId, Forms forms, XDocument layout)
at FormsDesigner.Generator.GenerateFormPages(ClientContext ctx, Guid listId, String contentTypeId, Guid formSetId, Forms formTypes, XDocument layout)
at FormsDesigner.Data.SharepointProvider.<>c__DisplayClass27_0.b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()
at FormsDesigner.Data.SharepointProvider.d__27.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()
at FormsDesigner.ViewModels.DesignerViewModel.d__193.MoveNext()

I’m a site collection administrator for this site, so I don’t think the Access Denied is related to my user account.

Hi,
Most likely, your session was over. You just need to reload the page. Please, re-open Forms Designer and let me know if the issue has gone.

I am having this same issue. I am using Plumsail Forms 1.7.1

Hello Grant!

Please restart Plumsail Forms, try to sign out and sign in again and then to save the customized form again. Does the issue persist? If it does, please share more information, so I could reproduce the issue (screenshots, a text of errors).

Here's the full error message I get

Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ServerUnauthorizedAccessException: Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource.
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientRequest.ProcessResponseStream(Stream responseStream)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientRequest.ProcessResponse()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientRequest.ExecuteQueryToServer(ChunkStringBuilder sb)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientContext.ExecuteQuery()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientContextExtensions.ExecuteQueryRetry(ClientRuntimeContext clientContext, Int32 retryCount, Int32 delay)
at g4ClNQcpsj3v8QAq1U.Pidkd5xEui0MadoKry.MLx2xJC2kH()
at Plumsail.Forms.SharePoint.FormsManager.Ff62HRFFdU(Guid , FormTypes , i7NgLxNJC2kHF3htUv , Version )
at Plumsail.Forms.SharePoint.FormsManager.GenerateForms(Guid formSetId, FormTypes formTypes, XDocument layout)
at GdCMkCl8hpvP77swww.FDc3ho6utAvAqexP8v.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at GdCMkCl8hpvP77swww.FDc3ho6utAvAqexP8v.d__10.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
at Plumsail.Forms.ViewModels.DesignerViewModel.d__311.MoveNext()

Could you confirm that you tried to sign out and sign in? Also, please specify to what list you connected with Forms (is it a custom list or a HelpDesk one) and what permissions you have on the list. Please go to the list settings, then - to permission ones and check yours. Share a screenshot with it.

Ahha! I found the permissions and have changed to owner of the site and now it is working.

Great, I am glad that it helped. =)