Exception: subscription

I have run into a small Problem which never occured before when using the Workflow Action "Start a List Workflow (2013)" from your Action Pack.

i have these steps within a Workflow where i create a Document and my goal is to run another Workflow in the other Document Library, in which the Workflow will assign Metadata to the Document coming from the List item that triggeret the Action.

It works normally until the Step where it should start the Workflow. ID and all is correct.
As soon as it should run the other workflow, this expection is displayed in the history.

image

Hello @Dario_Chiga,

Do other workflows from the action pack work ok? Could you please check it and also clarify your Worklfow actions pack version.

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team

Hi Petr

Yes everything works just fine. I even have the same Action "Start a List workflow (2013)" in a lot of other workflows which work just fine.

Hello @Dario_Chiga,

If the same action works ok with other workflows probably it'd be good to recreate the affected flow from scratch and check how it works after that. Also, you may notice some issues when recreating it.

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team

Hi Petr

I tried to recreate it i a new Workflow but the same error seems to happen everytime.
Now my first approach was a little bit more dynamically with the ID's and such being read out during the workflow which could have been the error.

Now when i recreated the Workflow from scratch, i used fix values that i know for sure are correct. Inserted the ID directly into the Action and so on. But it still gives me the "Exception: subscription" error.

Small addition:
I have done the same thing on multiple sites now with no changes. everytime i get the same error

Hi @Dario_Chiga,

Could you let me know the SharePoint domain wher you installed Workflow actions pack and the order number where you purchase it? I'll check if there is something with the subscription.

If you don't want to share the details here you can drop us a message at [email protected] and refer to the thread.

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team

Okay nothing works.
I tried everything. Getting the ListName trough the workflow, setting a variable with the List name, Creating a List without spaces, setting fixed values for ID and such to have no error there but it just doesn't work.
When i change the ListName to something else it tells me "list does not exist" when i tried to replace the blank spaces with the "%20" that is usually found in the URL. Still doesnt work.
Thought maybe it's because it's within an App-Step but taking the Action out of the App-Step doesnt change anything either.

I have no idea what i should do anymore

The Solution:

"Manuall Start of the Workflow" has to be activated for this Workflow Action "Start a list Workflow" to work.

If this option is not activated, the Workflow will trigger the "Exception: Subscription".

image

I hope this helps other people as well.

1 Like