Feature Request - User Role Management

Hi, apologies if not correct space to do so.

We use Plumsail Forms as part of our company and it would be great to have some user level management as to what each user can do within plumsail.

For example:

1. Admin
  2. Editor
  3. Viewer

This would provide us with some peace of mind when providing access to our staff members not to make any unwanted changes.

Love the product.

Many thanks,
Barcley

Dear @BarcleyW,
What exactly are we talking about here? Do you mean, in terms of ability to modify site forms? Currently, only users with Full Control access are able to modify forms, no other users should be able to do it.

Or do you want different forms for different users? You can use Form Sets for this - Personalize SharePoint forms based on Azure AD (Microsoft 365) or SharePoint groups in Plumsail Forms — SharePoint forms

Let us know the details, so we can discuss what's possible to implement and how. You can also write a request to support@plumsail.com where we evaluate if we can offer paid support in some cases.

Hi Nikita,

We don't use sharepoint forms. We only have a subscription with a plumsail forms. It's not integrated with our AD.

Currently all users added to our team in the plumsail forms account have the same level of access to form editor.

This suggestion is to manage what access each user has to the forms as currently everyone has full editorial rights.

Many thanks,
Barcley

Dear @BarcleyW,
Which levels of access do you need? For example: editing access to certain forms, read/write access to all forms, access to forms and pages. What exactly do you need in this scenario?

Hi Nikita,

Any assurance that would prevent all users being able to edit forms would be ideal.

I am particularly concerned at the javascript editor which has a lot of custom code and business dependencies embedded. Given the volatile nature of the editor, even a mistaken backspace etc. would cause major disruption.

Someone with editorial access would be able to edit the forms, but perhaps not publish without review? This would provide some assurance to the problem above.

Furthermore, granular access to each form could also provide some great assurance. Managing access on a form level rather than a user level would provide greater control.

I don't know how you would set it up, and I don't mean to jump to solutions on your behalf as there may be better options out there. But I do think that if the team size grows, I would feel less comfortable or confident that the forms would remain unchanged.

I hope this makes sense?

Many thanks,
Barcley

Dear @BarcleyW,
Makes sense - thank you for the feedback! We've put these ideas into our roadmap, and will try to implement them in the upcoming months, though we can't give any estimates yet.

If these are of vital importance, please, contact us at support@plumsail.com - we'll offer paid support to speed up the process and deliver these as fast as possible.