Fill in Pdf Form error

I have had a form that has run for over a year (Daily) with no errors, although today it has failed with the following error:

Could not process default appearance string '/Calibri 8 Tf 0 g' for field 'A'

Nothing has changed on the Power Automate setup, so wondered if there was a known issue with the Fill in PDF form trigger?

Here are the raw outputs of my form:

{

** "statusCode": 400,**

** "headers": {**

** "referrer-policy": "strict-origin-when-cross-origin",**

** "Date": "Tue, 18 Jan 2022 13:50:50 GMT",**

** "Content-Length": "235",**

** "Content-Type": "application/json; charset=utf-8"**

** },**

** "body": {**

** "request": {**

** "url": null,**

** "traceId": "0HMEQDTS5TEAJ157b9a7ecc8"**

** },**

** "error": {**

** "code": "ApplicationResultException",**

** "message": "Could not process default appearance string '/Calibri 8 Tf 0 g' for field 'A'",**

** "date": "2022-01-18T13:50:51.1207344Z"**

** }**

** }**

}

Please advise

Best, Ash

@mnikitina I have now had multiple fill in PDF forms fail. Please can you advise if there is an issue with the power automate trigger?

Hi @Alex_Stephen,

I tried the action with my test PDF form and it's worked ok. Could you share your PDF form sample and I'll try to reproduce the issue?

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team

@Petr After checking the failures overnight every PDF form we have is failing (circa 15 different templates). These have all been in place for over a year with no trigger problems until yesterday.

The PDF’s fill is triggered every time a new share point list item is created (multiple different lists triggered from different Webforms), and all failures list the same error as my initial post.

> Could not process default appearance string '/Calibri 8 Tf 0 g' for field 'A

Is the PDF fill having an issue with the font style and text size?

Best, Ash

Can you please also look at my Drawer plan as its showing 0 documents spent this month? Could there be an issue with the setup? (I have an annual plan)

Hi @Alex_Stephen,

The issue with Fill in PDf form was related to a recent update of the Documents service. We rolled back the changes and now it should be working fine. Please give it a try.

Regarding the number of Documents. We're aware of the issue and going to release a fix for this in the nearest future.

Best regards,
Petr,
Plumsail team

Hi @Alex_Stephen,

We've released a fix for the issue with the reports. Please check the reports on plumsail.com

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team

Thanks, everything seems to be back to normal.

Best, Ash

1 Like

Understood, Thanks again.

1 Like

I've observed a couple of failures again overnight based on the font not being recognized. Can you confirm if any changes have been made to the pdf fill in trigger?

Thanks, Ash

Hi @Alex_Stephen,

Sorry for the issue. Yes, we made some changes and it could cause the failures. however, it was fixed yesterday.

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team

Hi @Petr

Thanks for the reply. There still seems to be an issue as all PDF's created with the PDF fill now open with the following message:

The problem above results in the documents not printing correctly, with Text and numerical data being replaced with Symbols.

Can you confirm that this is also to do with the updates you are doing?

Thanks, Ash

@Petr Can I please get a response on this matter as it is still happening across all our company wide templates (populated by the plumsail pdf fill trigger)

Thanks, Ash

Hi @Alex_Stephen,

I'm checking the error message with my team and will reply shortly. Sorry for the issue!

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team

Thanks, I await your response on this matter.

Best, Alex

Hi @Alex_Stephen,

We've released an update for Documents. Please give the actions a try and let us know if there are any issues.

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team