Font changing in word when we use the :html formater

I have a problem with word templates that include rich text and html tags.

we write our templates out quickly with unformatted salesforce merge fields and check they come through ok, we then add formatters such as date, currency and :html.

the unformated RT merge fields come out in the correct font (normal style) but when we add }:html} it always goes to Times New Roman 12.

The text comes from a clean RT field with only bold tags, we have checked the formatting in the word document.

We have also found that adding .... tags in a plain text field and then applying the :html formatter also results in Time New Roman 12pt

I am at my wits end as my client is refusing to pay for 50 templates we have created because it doesn't follow they corporate style.

Help from anyone please

Hi @PhillSkill,

I tested the scenario but the formatter keeps the text font type and size. For example, this is an Item in a SharePoint list with rich text.

This is the template:

This is my Power Automate flow

and the result:

Could you share your example, probably some screenshots, the template, and the result? I'll try to reproduce the issue.

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team

i need to add templates and test data but can't on this portal

I think i ought to make to make it clear that if we are to add font details to the HTML then the template reacts correctly. However, we want the document to be driven by the template and not by the HTML. Salesforce doesn't allow us to particular when we entered. We wanted it to be neutral and take it lead from the template.

Hi @PhillSkill,

I discussed the case with our developers. We have a task "To inherit document font in HTML formatter" in our roadmap, but it has a low priority for now. Could you confirm if you're trying to achieve the following: the inserted html to inherit the font of the place it is being inserted into in the DOCX?

We'll probably prioritize and complete the task sooner to improve the formatter.

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team

I know that is a 'MUST' for my client and also from their supplier Arcus global who i understand is a re-seller of Plumsail. Thank you i will report back to Arcus and the Client and hope the update can be expedited

1 Like

Hi @PhillSkill,

We will research the possibility and implement if possible in the next few weeks.

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team

That would be phenomenal.

Hi @PhillSkill,

We released the changes for the HTML formatter.

The inserted HTML has font properties from the default style (“Normal” in Word by default). If you don’t want this to happen and want HTML to dictate the styles, use the formatter with the false parameter:

:html(false)

Currently, the fomatter takes font-family, font size, color, alignment, boldness/italic/underline from the default style. If you need some other properties from the “Normal” style, please let us know and we will see what we can do.

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team

Amazing response thanks. We are in discussion with Arcus about when users have added formatting in Salesforce, such as bold and italic.

Thank you for your speedy resolution... Congrats to the team

1 Like

Hi Petr

I am afraid this hasn't worked. we still get the font changing to Times New Roman.

the '1' is in Arial 12, the rest is in Times New Roman 12.

Normal Style is

The code we are using is this
{{Record.KAPAS_Invalid_Text_RT__c}:html}

the html text being offered is

Am i doing anything wrong?

Hi @PhillSkill,

We researched the issue and prepared a new release. It's being tested now and we'll release it soon. I'll notify you once it's done.

Thanks for waiting!

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team

Hello @Petr
I wanted to share that we are having an issue with the :html in reports that we created and have been using since 2022. Would this be the same issue? The bolds and italics are not working and the font changes in the output.
Attached is a sample JSON and reports where you can see the bolding isn't working.
Is this the same issue PhillSkill is facing and will the fix resolve this as well? Thank you.
html test.txt (167 Bytes)
html test.docx (13.0 KB)

Hello @maddi,

By default the HTML formatter takes the formatting from Word. So, if you add this token {{1.display}:html} and then apply a JSON with some HTML formatting, the formatting will be changed to the Word default settings.

To change the behavior add the HTML token with the false option, like this:

{{1.display}:html(false)}

In that case, the HTML formatting will be taken from the JSON.

The result:

Please give it a try and let us know if some issues persist.

Best regards,
Petr
Plumsail team

Thank you, this worked

1 Like