HELP: Need to share a list with customized form

I have a list on a private site. I want to share the list with some people but I don't want to grant them access to the whole SharePoint site. I can successfully grant them access to see the list but when they try to Add/Edit they get a message that they don't have access. I think that is because the Plumsail forms are stored in the Site Pages folder.

How do I share a list with a user correctly?

Dear @smithme,
Are you able to provide reading rights for the Site Pages library to these users?

Granting the user read access to Site Pages would allow them to read any page in that folder and there are some people in my organization that don't like that.

I know this would be a big modification, but could the Plumsail forms be stored in a document library of their own? Do they have to reside in Site Pages?

Is this new? I don't remember having this problem in the past. I seem to remember all I had to do is stop inheriting permissions on the list, and then add the names of the other people.

Dear @smithme,
Unfortunately, the only way to create modern pages with forms is via Site Pages. This has always been the case, without access to Site Pages there is no access to forms.

There are two ways to deal with it:

1. Recommended way and best practice is to grant access to Site Pages to all users, and move restricted pages into a subsite.
  2. Not recommended and not best practice, but possible - is to grant/revoke permissions to individual pages in Site Pages.
1 Like

Thank you for the advice.