How do you restricted All Tickets view from non-agent users

Hello,
I’m currently testing Plumsail HelpDesk for SharePoint 2016 and I noticed that regular users belonging to Members group have access to All Tickets view and can read tickets submitted by other users.

How can I restricted non-agent users access both All Tickets view (/Lists/Tickets/AllTickets.aspx) or view tickets submitted by other users (via URL copy and paste)?

Thank you.

Hello @jlin,

Any user that has access to Help Desk site can see everything that allow their permissions.

If you want specific users to see only tickets created by themselves, you should restrict their access to HelpDesk site using standard SharePoint permissions (Site Settings -> Site Permissions) and place our web widget to another SharePoint site. HelpDesk web widget is an entry point for non-agent users and help desk is a workspace for agents. The widget allows requesters to review their tickets, add comments and attachments.

Best Regard,
Anna Dorokhova
Plumsail Team

Hi Anna,

I tried the widget webpart and it appears to be more of a proof-of-concept function to me. I’m not sure about the potential to customize the widget. Also the widget sometimes would fail to show tickets. When that happened I noticed I would need to log off current user from SharePoint and log back in again if I don’t want to close the browser.

The alternative I’m testing at this time is to modify existing ticket view and use the combination of SharePoint target audience, list filters and/or CSS.

If couldn’t find documentation on your site regarding modifying the widget (for SharePoint 2016/2019).

If such documents exists, could you please point out where to view the information?

Thank you
Jason

Hi Anna,

I noticed the documentation for Office 365 version of Plumsail HelpDesk has the following section on “customize wifeh form”:

https://plumsail.com/docs/help-desk-o365/v1.x/Configuration%20Guide/Widget%20forms%20customization.html

Does HelpDesk for SharePoint 2016/2019 has similar documentation on customizing widget forms?

Does customizing widget forms require us to also purchase and install Plumsail Forms ?

Thank you
Jason

Hi Anna,

I found the following thread that discussed the same question about customizing widget for on-premise HelpDesk:

https://community.plumsail.com/t/e-mailed-tickets-vs-website-tickets/6371/5

The answer from one year ago was that widget for the on-premise version of HelpDesk is NOT customizable.

Is that still true now?
Does Plumsail plan to make the HelpDesk widget customizable in SharePoint 2016/2019 ?

Thank you
Jason

Hi @jlin,

Unfortunately, it’s not yet possible to customize HelpDesk widget forms on-premises.

We will add this functionality in a few months for SharePoint 2019 only after releasing a new version of HelpDesk for SharePoint 2019. It uses Forms for customization. Forms are available for 2019 only.

Anna Dorokhova
Plumsail Team

1 Like

Hi Anna,
Thanks for the information.
Jason

1 Like