How to create an optgroup in a dropdown

Hello!

Is it possible to create an optgroup kind of grouping of the options in a choice field (dropdown) with plumsail?
I want to achieve something like this: <optgroup>: The Option Group element - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN

Thanks!

Dear @Raluca,
Not sure, we'll have to investigate. Are we talking about Public Web Forms or SharePoint forms?

Hi @Nikita_Kurguzov,

Sharepoint forms.

Dear @Raluca,
How should this work? SharePoint choice fields are based on SharePoint columns, and these don't have any option groups as far as I know.

I honestly don't know. I come from an angular/node/c# background with limited sharepoint know-how.
So I guess this type of formatting is simply not possible in the sharepoint framework?

Dear @Raluca,
There's nothing impossible, just depends on your requirements. There are many options for this:

1. You can customize a field on the form, which can have these option groups, it can even be created with HTML control, and the value can be stored in a regular choice field, which you can hide.
  2. You can add this data to a list, and use a lookup field/control, where the option groups can be extra fields, which you can even display/search by, check this out - Customize appearance for lookup fields in a SharePoint form — SharePoint forms

The choice depends on what functionality you need, there are different ways to achieve same result.