How to use "Merge PDF"

Hello!

I’m new to using plumsail, and I’m having a big problem understanding how to use the Merge PDF action flow. From my point of view, the documentation is lacking, and the connector should be a bit more user-friendly. Even if I set up a example just like you did in your documentation, with a compose element, It will fail.

When I manage to get the action triggered, it will only create a blank PDF. If the action fail, it’s because “Body Request is empty”.

Can you give me some examples of a syntax you use to merge 2 or 3 PDF files with “Get file content” from a sharepoint connector?

Hello @p.a.d, thank you for your message.

We are sorry, there was a wrong screenshot. Now, thanks to you, we have updated our documentation.
Your workflow might look this:

Thank you! It works great now

Hi

How do you add to the composed array of ‘file content’ in a ‘for each item’ loop?

ie: I need to build an array of pdf’s (get list of files in folder) to send to ‘merge to pdf’ - I’m struggling…

Hello @jonneybravo,

Please check out the article: How to merge PDF files
We pass an array of PDF files to Merge PDF action there.

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail Team

Thanks Petr,

Unfortunately I am constrained to using the HTTP call action in my flows. Due to security policies I am unable to add 3rd party connectors. Therefore I need to use the REST API via HTTP action.

best regards

Stephen

Hi Pertr,

I’m having an issue when passing the array as its shown in the example. I’m getting the following error message:

The input files are empty

Please note that, the inputs from the Merge PDF Action does show an array with content. Any idea what’s going on here?

Hello @joshwbrown,

Please try to hit the button and put the array again in the field

2019-06-28_8-16-15

Best regards,
Petr Bushuev
Plumsail Team